Nominations open this week!
It’s time to nominate your favorite pet blogs for the 2nd Annual BlogPaws “Nose-to-Nose” Social Media Pet Blogging Awards! Here are last year’s 2012 Winners and Finalists!
The “Nose-to-Nose” Awards is the only awards program in which pet bloggers and microbloggers are judged on their expertise, creativity, and performance in one or more of 12 categories by a panel of distinguished professionals. The BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Awards are not a popularity contest!
Nominations open at 12:00 PM EST on Wednesday, February 27th, 2013 - and close at 3:00 PM EST on Friday, March 8th. Don’t wait to nominate. Bloggers may nominate themselves or other pet bloggers or microbloggers in the following categories:
- Best Blog Design: judged on overall design elements of the blog homepage/landing page.
- Best Blog Writing: judged on overall writing skill – is the message clear to the reader? Is the writing well-done? Is the blog post free of errors?
- Best Humor Blog: judged on overall sense of humor – does it make us laugh?
- Best Bark Blog: judged on the content as it applies to dogs and dog parents.
- Best Meow Blog: judged on the content as it applies to cats and cat parents.
- Best Wiggle Blog: judged on focus of blog toward non-traditional pets (i.e. ferrets, guinea pigs, chickens, etc.)
- Best New Blog: less than one year old, with good content and engagement.
- Best Cause Blog: judged on message, purpose and results as demonstrated on the blog.
- Best Video on a Blog: judged independently (one video per blog); is it well done, focused, creative and purposeful?
- Best Photo on a Blog: judged independently (one photo per blog); is it well done, focused, creative and purposeful?
- Best Facebook Design: judged on overall design of Facebook header and use of special Facebook page features.
- Best Twitter Design: judged on overall design elements for Twitter
Finalists will be announced on or about March 15th and the winners will be awarded during a live red carpet awards ceremony on Saturday, May 18th at the BlogPaws 2013 conference in Tysons Corner, VA.
Join us for this red carpet event you won’t want to miss! You don’t *have to* be present to win, but we encourage you to be there to meet and cheer on all the nominees, and possibly to step up to the podium and accept your award among all your peers!