Guest post by Blog Manager Robbi Hess
There are times when I bemoan the fact that I don’t have enough time in the day or enough time to complete Project X, Y or Z, but then I realized that rather than looking at Project X as a HUGE project, I started looking at it as project that could break into bite size morsels and actually complete. The idea of breaking that big project down into smaller portions relieved a lot of stress and got me to thinking… what could I (or you) accomplish in 15-minute chunks.
When you consider what can be done to build the reach of your pet blogging and social media campaigns in less than 15 minutes a stretch, you will likely be even more productive than you’d ever imagined.
- Research a blog post
- Take a picture for upcoming blog posts
- Outline a proposal to a site on which you’d like to be a guest blogger
- Write a blog post (yes, a post can be written in 15 minutes!)
- Write down notes on updates you want to make to your website
- Pen a paragraph for a book you want to write
- You could write five (challenge yourself for 10) Tweets
- Set the timer for 15 minutes and update your LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook page
- Brainstorm blog ideas then put them on your editorial calendar
- Comment on three blog posts by pet bloggers that you follow
- Pick up the phone and finish an interview with an influential pet blogger (provided you had it scheduled prior to your 15-minute time slot)
- Connect with five individuals or businesses on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+
- Comment on status updates of individuals or business pages that you follow
- Add to, delete from, or sign up for Google alerts.
- Dive into those to-be-read books in your stack so you can get them reviewed and on your website.
What can you accomplish in 15 minutes?