Guest post by Blog Manager Robbi Hess
Is your pet writing business taking you places? Is it getting you noticed locally or globally? Are you being asked to come and speak at networking events? If you answered “no” or “not nearly enough” you may want to consider adding article marketing to your writing arsenal. Article marketing (writing articles for online sites) provides myriad benefits and can be a great tool to use to jump start your promotions and pet business writing plan.
Here are five ways that article marketing can help you become known as the go-to pet expert or pet writing expert in your niche:
- Customers are more likely to do business with someone they “know, like and trust.” Establishing yourself as an authority in your field of pet expertise will help you make those connections. Clients will come to know you through your writing and the pet wisdom you are sharing.
- Not only will you be able to reach the perfect audience (through the judicious use of keywords) you will also amp up your SEO and searchability. Make certain you link back to your website or drive traffic to your blog.
- Article writing is a focused approach to reach your ideal audience. Use your articles to target a specific industry or specific search terms. Spread the word about the articles you’re publishing on your social media pages.
- It’s free. Writing and posting the articles is free – other than the time you spend writing them.
- Online articles have great staying power. Once the articles are published they will remain online and are an ongoing source of potential traffic to your website.
As with anything you do online, the more you do it, the better you will get at it and the more you will be seen as the expert in your particular pet niche. Add article marketing to your editorial calendar. Remember, too that you don’t have to reinvent the wheel for every article – take a blog post you’ve already written and change it a bit and voila you have a new article to publish!