That's right, BlogPaws, the first online pet community to establish an offline social media marketing conference bringing together brands and bloggers, announces the BlogPaws “Nose-to-Nose” Social Media Pet Blogging Awards, 2012!
This is the only awards program where pet bloggers (and pet people who “microblog” on Twitter and Facebook) are being judged by a panel of distinguished professionals on their expertise, creativity, and performance in one or more of 12 categories. Best of all, The BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Awards are not a popularity contest!
- Best Blog Design: judged on overall design elements of the blog homepage/landing page.
- Best Blog Writing: judged on overall writing skill – is the message clear to the reader?
- Best Humor Blog: judged on overall sense of humor – does it make us laugh?
- Best Bark Blog: judged on the content as it applies to dogs and dog parents.
- Best Meow Blog: judged on the content as it applies to cats and cat parents.
- Best Wiggle Blog: judged on focus of blog toward non-traditional pets (i.e. ferrets, guinea pigs, chickens, etc).
- Best New Blog: less than one year old, with good content and engagement.
- Best Cause Blog: judged on message, purpose and results as demonstrated on the blog.
- Best Video on a Blog: judged independently (one video per blog); is it well done, focused, creative and purposeful?
- Best Photo on a Blog: judged independently (one photo per blog); is it well done, focused, creative and purposeful?
- Best Facebook Design: judged on overall design of Facebook header and use of special Facebook page features.
- Best Twitter Design: judged on overall design elements for Twitter profile background.
Finalists will be announced on or about May 15th and the winners will be awarded during an awards ceremony on Saturday, June 23rd at BlogPaws 2012. It will be an event you won't want to miss! You are not required to be present to win, but we do encourage it. For anyone who can't make it, the ceremony will be live streamed for free for all to watch.